Top Cataract Surgeon in Chardon & Mentor, OH
Michael E. Rom, M.D.
Owner and Primary Surgeon, Insight Eye Center
Dr. Michael Rom is a Board-Certified ophthalmologist who specializes in cataract and LASIK surgery. He completed his ophthalmology residency at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
In his 22 years of ophthalmic experience, Dr. Rom has performed over 25,000 cataracts/glaucoma procedures, and 36,000 LASIK procedures. His ophthalmology practice has flourished because he is so well-liked by his patients and because of his reputation for great patient care and service. Their comfort and care are his top priority.
Education And Experience
Dr. Rom specializes in cataract, glaucoma and LASIK treatments. In his 18 years of ophthalmic experience, Dr. Rom has performed over 19,000 cataracts/glaucoma procedures, and 18,000 LASIK procedures. His ophthalmology practice has flourished because he is so well-liked by his patients. Their comfort and care are his top priority. Dr. Rom completed his residency in ophthalmology from the Cleveland Clinic Foundation and completed his fellowship at Tufts-New England Medical Center in Boston, MA.
- Fellowship: Tufts-New England Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Residency-Ophthalmology: The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Residency-Internal Medicine: Miriam Hospital/Brown University, Providence, RI
- Internship: Baragwanath Hospital, South Africa
- Doctor of Medicine: University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- International Society of Refractive Surgeons
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- The Cleveland Ophthalmological Society
- The Ohio Medical Association
- Allegretto Excimer Laser
- VISX laser certification
- NIDEK laser certification
- Bausch & Lomb Technolas laser certification
- Alcon Ladarvision certification
- Intralase certification
- Moria Epilasik certification
- American Board of Ophthalmology